This article explains how to make your environment ready for using Pexip Google Meet interoperability as a service. (For information on how to integrate Google Meet with Pexip Infinity, please go here.)
Please note that the below shows screenshots from the shared domain (gmeet.pexip.me). The same steps are required if you want to use your own domain. The only difference is that you will need to set up the SRV records for your own domain prior to starting the process described below.
Steps to configure your environment
Once we enable your Meet Gateway interoperability within our system, you’ll receive an initial email with instructions on enabling the feature within your Google Admin pages and generating a security token to upload to Pexip. This will establish the trust relationship between your and Pexip environments.
Generate and upload authentication token
1. After entering the Google Admin Console and "Gateways for Interoperability", click on "Add Gateway":
3. You now give the token an appropriate name, e.g. "PexipInterop":
Click 'Generate' and you will get the following message:
4. Save and upload the security token to Pexip. It includes entering the PIN provided in the first email.
5. Note that the token generated will be set to 'untrusted' as default by Google:
Go back to the G Suite Admin console and make sure you change it to 'trusted' in order for your endpoints registered on the service to bypass the Meet lobby:
6. You’ll receive a confirmation email from Pexip saying the service has been configured and you can start using the service.
Update Google Meet Interoperability settings
7. Go to Google Admin Console -> Apps -> G Suite -> Settings for Google Meet -> Meet video settings -> Interoperability
8. Enable "Turn on interoperability with other systems" and enter the values as communicated in the email from Pexip.