Disclaimer: this is a beta feature, meaning it still undergoing final testing before official release. The feature is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Pexip does not give any warranties to the usability of the feature.
It is possible to set a host PIN on all personal VMRs on the Pexip Service. This is currently a manual process - to initiate please contact support (if partner) or your Pexip partner support (if end-user).
- After turning on this feature, each existing and any new users will be assigned a random 4-digit host PIN.
- Each user can log in to the web page for own VMR in order to a) see what is current host PIN and b) change this (if they want to).
- This does not enforce host PINs, as a user can choose to remove the automatically generated PIN altogether.
To see and manage PINs, go to Settings --> Room settings --> PIN codes:
As this can be a potentially large change to the user experience, close coordination with the end-user is needed in order to facilitate a smooth introduction. We therefore recommend to...
- Prepare the organization for the change with suitable information
- Set a date and time for the change, outside business hours, and handhold the users through the change.
- For existing users, proactively communicate the new PIN code so they are aware of this before making the first call. (Pexip Support can generate a list with all personal VMRs and their host PINs to facilitate communication to individual users.)
Automated host PINs will of course also work for customers using Single Sign-On.
We'd love to hear your feedback - how this works for you and any changes you'd like to see: please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.