It is possible to set a host PIN on all personal VMRs on the Pexip Service. This is currently a manual process - to initiate please contact support (if partner) or your Pexip partner support (if end-user).
- After turning on this feature, each existing and any new users will be assigned a random 4-digit host PIN.
- Each user can log in to the web page for own VMR in order to a) see what is current host PIN and b) change this (if they want to).
- This does not enforce host PINs, as a user can choose to remove the automatically generated PIN altogether.
To see and manage PINs, go to Settings --> Room settings --> PIN codes:
As this can be a potentially large change to the user experience, close coordination with the end-user is needed in order to facilitate a smooth introduction. We therefore recommend to...
- Prepare the organization for the change with suitable information
- Set a date and time for the change, outside business hours, and handhold the users through the change.
- For existing users, proactively communicate the new PIN code so they are aware of this before making the first call. (Pexip Support can generate a list with all personal VMRs and their host PINs to facilitate communication to individual users.)
Automated host PINs will of course also work for customers using Single Sign-On.
We'd love to hear your feedback - how this works for you and any changes you'd like to see: please write to us at email@example.com.